Sunday, November 27, 2011

Meatloaf Cupcakes

I never realized how many things you could make in the shape of cupcakes. And I'll tell ya... I love it!!

The latest recipe I've come across was Meatloaf Cupcakes. Thanks to Susan over at SGCC, though, I used my own recipe for the actual meatloaf. Meatloaf is one of my favorite foods, so I couldn't wait to try it. And I will definitely be making it again.

Before you start, preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients: 2lbs ground beef (or ground turkey), 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs or croutons, half an onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/2tsp pepper, 1/2tsp ground pepper, 1tsp chili powder, 1tsp ground thyme, 1 1/2tsp salt, 1 egg

Step 1: Mix bread crumbs (or crushed croutons) with pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, thyme, and salt in a large bowl

Step 2: Add chopped onion, shredded carrots, and minced garlic cloves

Step 3: Add beef and mix

Step 4: Add meat to a greased cupcake pan

Ingredients for sauce: 1/2cup ketchup, 1tsp ground cumin, 1Tbsp Honey, dash of Worcestershire sauce, dash of hot sauce (any kind)

Step 5: Add sauce on top of meat, then bake for about 30 minutes

Step 6: Pipe mashed potatoes onto the meatloaf (I made my potatoes more creamy than usual and it worked better) then put in the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes


And that's it! They really turned out well! And even N liked them. He doesn't usually eat meat in any way, shape, or form.

1 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious Miranda! What a great idea and individually portioned too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Life's Greatest Blessings, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena